Saturday, January 17, 2009

Variety is the Spice of Life

Tonight is the 4th Annual Summit Variety Show. (Summit is the singles ministry at church.)  My friends and I are singing a little number in it.  We're singing The Irish Blessing, which I love.  We used to sing it in choir in high school so it has a special place in my heart.  Sigh. 

We're starting Night by Elie Wiesel in class on Tuesday. (Monday is a holiday. Whoop!)  I think the kids are going to get into the book. They find the holocaust really interesting. I'm hoping it will capture them and get them engaged.  

I got my textbook in the mail the other day. So excited. I'm taking Introduction to Reference and Retrieval this semester.  Class doesn't start until the 24th (yes, it's a Saturday) but I've already started reading it. So good. I can't wait to start class. (Yes, this does classify me as a nerd and a true bibliophile.)

That is all for now dear friends.  

Sincerely yours,

Mere

No comments: