Saturday, February 21, 2009

Cross my Heart and Hope to Spy


This is one of the cutest books for adolescent girls.  (Or grown ups if you're like me.)  It is the sequel to I'd Tell You I Loved You but then I'd Have to Kill You, both by Ally Carter. The third in the series, Don't Judge a Girl by Her Cover comes out in June.   It's about Cammie Morgan who goes to the Gallagher Academy, a spy school for girls. In this one there is the added pressure of the Blackthorne Academy (the spy school for boys) joining the girls for training and ops.  My students are in love with these books. I can't keep them on my shelves.  (Which isn't an issue anymore as I closed my classroom library. One student thought it would be a good idea to make a hollow book out of one of them and took a box cutter in it. I don't know what's worse, the fact that they would do that to a book they didn't own, the fact that they probably had a box cutter at school, or the fact that they were probably carrying something shady in the book!) One of my favorite parts is that they every day in the cafeteria they are told the language they have to speak. One day it's German the next French and then Japanese. If I had to choose I'd much rather go to Hogwarts, but still, I love these books.  

No comments: